Help Needed: Deriving Formula for Computer Undergrad's Final Project

In summary, the conversation is about a mentor requesting the derivation of a specific formula and a computer undergraduate seeking help from the community due to difficulty in figuring it out. The relevant equations for the problem are also discussed.
alya
Homework Statement
Need to derive the following formula trying from the last 5 days
Relevant Equations
https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijo/2017/4134205/
3d diagram.jpg

formula.jpg

My mentor wants the derivation of this formula.
Me a computer undergrad, unable to figure it out, and my final project are on a halt due to this, any help from the community is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Likes Delta2
Physics news on Phys.org
alya said:
Homework Statement:: Need to derive the following formula trying from the last 5 days
Relevant Equations:: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijo/2017/4134205/

View attachment 282405

View attachment 282404

My mentor wants the derivation of this formula.
Me a computer undergrad, unable to figure it out, and my final project are on a halt due to this, any help from the community is greatly appreciated!
Welcome to PhysicsForums.

Please show us what you have tried so far. We have to see your work before we can offer tutorial help. What do you believe are the most useful Relevant Equations for this problem? (the link you posted is to the full paper about this calculation, not just the several most Relevant Equations)...

1. What is the purpose of this project?

The purpose of this project is to derive a formula that can be used in a computer program for an undergraduate student's final project. This formula will be used to solve a specific problem or perform a specific task.

2. What is the process for deriving the formula?

The process for deriving the formula will involve conducting research, analyzing data, and testing different equations or algorithms. This may also involve collaborating with other experts in the field and using computational tools and software.

3. What are the potential applications of this formula?

The potential applications of this formula will depend on the specific problem or task it is designed to solve. It could be used in various computer programs, simulations, or models in fields such as engineering, mathematics, or computer science.

4. How will the accuracy and reliability of the formula be ensured?

The accuracy and reliability of the formula will be ensured through rigorous testing and validation processes. This may include comparing the results of the formula to known solutions, conducting sensitivity analyses, and performing error and uncertainty analyses.

5. How will this project contribute to the field of computer science?

This project will contribute to the field of computer science by providing a new formula that can be used in computer programs to solve a specific problem or perform a specific task. It may also lead to further research and advancements in the use of formulas and algorithms in computer science applications.