1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying Help -- Suggestions please for preparing for university physics

1. Jan 12, 2017 #1
    Hello people. I'm going to cut to the chase. I have always had a deep set interest in physics and maths. It's always been a secret dream to become Dr of physics.

I'm 19.I did well in secondary school,got alot of gcses, the English here will know, and started doing A level maths, literature and ICT (my mum said no to physics because it's too geeky). Never got to the end of them because I was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic lymphoma midway.

Now, as you can imagine I have my priorities worked out. I will get a degree in physics.i don't doubt this. But im still on chemotherapy so I can't go back to school and the sciences are not really seen as a viable career or hobby to my parent's, although that does seem to be changing.

So the question is, can you guys help?
    I want to get to a point where I can fly through the A Levels when comes a time I can do them.
    Where should I start? What should I read and which are the best text books?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 12, 2017 #2
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted