Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help to form questions regarding wind flow/convection

Tags:
  1. Jan 6, 2016 #1
    Hello!

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this topic, but my question is very general, not a textbook problem or something like that :) . I work in Comsol where I have imported the topography of mount St Helens and I simulate wind flow around the mountain (as laminar flow) and also simulate convection through heat transfer module. This is a schoolwork project and I have gotten these simulations running. But these are very general simulations and I want to make my work more exact, so that I could provide answer to some question through these simulations - but what questions should these be?

For example, I can see what happens to velocity field if one side of the mountain is warmer than other etc. Any other suggestions?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 6, 2016 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Hum.... So let me see if I understand you correctly. You have come up with a solution looking for a problem?

Zz.

4. Jan 6, 2016 #3
    Well I'll have to advance my simulations probably, once I'll figure out what could be my problem, yes :D

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook