Help with Plasma Jet Research: Hans C. Ohanian

• Thread starter alireza sh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jet Plasma
In summary, Alireza from Sampad High School in Iran is seeking recommendations for materials and resources for his research on plasma jet, a state of matter that is ionized gas. He has purchased a book by Hans C. Ohanian and is looking for opinions on his choice. He also needs websites and forums where he can discuss his subject with students and experts. He is currently studying under Assistant Professor Walter Lewin from MIT.
alireza sh
hi every one

i'm alireza from sampad high school (iran)
first, excuse me for my bad english
i want to have a research about plasma jet ...
i know nothing about plasma and plasma jet but my subject is about it !

i bought a book (name: "
Hans C. Ohanian
" ) and want your opinion about my choose...

and i need sites that explain about my subject

thank you for your help ( @admin : i did't know where should i post so excuse me ! )

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
If you are searching for recommendations for material go to science textbook subforum. Just in short:
Plasma is a state of matter along with fluid, solid, gas like. It is ionized gas.

Likes alireza sh
moriheru said:
If you are searching for recommendations for material go to science textbook subforum. Just in short:
Plasma is a state of matter along with fluid, solid, gas like. It is ionized gas.
can you give me a link ? (i'm new in forum)

For material? It depends on what you are trying to do. Are you looking for a maths based site(pdf...) or a basic introduction to plasma and plasma jets?

moriheru said:
For material? It depends on what you are trying to do. Are you looking for a maths based site(pdf...) or a basic introduction to plasma and plasma jets?
heheh i need full information about that i have one month time to research about plasma jet ... and 3 months later i should make a full reseach (Thesis)
our lessons are like university they are so hard ... and i know i can learn it only give me a full topic or pdf about plasma and plasma jet tnx :)
(i'm only 17 years old and i know you wondered about that ... but it's one of our easy researches :D

There do not seem to be any usefull pdf's I can find. Additionally I do not know that much about the field I just know about plasma, sorry. There will cirtenly be good books in the library of your shool? or University or in online bookshops of they do not have some in odinary books shops. May the force be with you!

Last edited:
moriheru said:
There do not seem to be any usefull pdf's I can find. Additionally I do not know that much about the field I just know about plasma, sorry. There will cirtenly be good books in the library of your shool? or University or in online bookshops of they do not have some in odinary books shops.
in my school ? i don't think so ... my subject is very hard
my Assistant Professor is walter lewin from MIT (we talk with email )
thank you a lot i'll go to sharif university library and will search about my subject

thank you . good bye

moriheru said:
There do not seem to be any usefull pdf's I can find. Additionally I do not know that much about the field I just know about plasma, sorry. There will cirtenly be good books in the library of your shool? or University or in online bookshops of they do not have some in odinary books shops. May the force be with you!
excuse me one more question :D
where can i have a conversation with students (collegians) ?
Because Aerospace Engineers can help me about plasma jet

1. What is plasma jet research?

Plasma jet research is a branch of science that focuses on studying the properties and behaviors of plasma jets, which are streams of ionized gas that have a variety of practical applications in fields such as aerospace engineering, materials processing, and energy production.

2. Who is Hans C. Ohanian?

Hans C. Ohanian is a renowned physicist and professor emeritus at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, known for his contributions to the fields of relativity and astrophysics. He has also conducted research in the areas of plasma physics and plasma jet technology.

3. What are the potential applications of plasma jets?

Plasma jets have a wide range of potential applications, including spacecraft propulsion, cutting and welding of metals, and generation of electricity in plasma-based fusion reactors. They also have potential use in medical treatments, such as targeted cancer therapy.

4. What are some current challenges in plasma jet research?

Some current challenges in plasma jet research include finding ways to better control and manipulate the plasma jet stream, improving the efficiency and stability of plasma jet devices, and developing new materials that can withstand the extreme temperatures and pressures involved in plasma jet processes.

5. How can I get involved in plasma jet research?

If you are interested in getting involved in plasma jet research, you can pursue a degree in a related field such as physics, engineering, or materials science. You can also reach out to universities or research institutions that have ongoing plasma jet projects and inquire about potential volunteer or internship opportunities.