Hi I posted a new theory and it seems to be gone.

Hi I posted a theory called the Pyramid model and now I can't find it. Is this website only for PhD's or something?

I guess free thinking is not allowed on this website.

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
A) You agreed not to post personal theories when you joined. What does that say about your word?
B) "Free thinking" usually means "the product of a mind uncontaminated by facts"

What does it say about my word? I didn't agree not to post new theories. Why else would you even have a physics discussion forum if not to talk about physics? BTW physics is not factual, it is theoretical, and obviously the current model is wrong.

Yeah OK it's all factual. That's why quantum mechanics, string theory, Newtonian physics and general relativity all disagree with each other.

berkeman

Mentor
I didn't agree not to post new theories.
Yes you did. You agreed to the PF rules as part of joining here, and the rules are explicit about no personal theories. You can re-read the Rules under INFO at the top of the page. Here is a small quote:
Short Summary:

Most of the guidelines are common sense and basic courtesy. Other special guidelines are the following:

• We wish to discuss mainstream science. That means only topics that can be found in textbooks or that have been published in reputable journals.
You are welcome to join in the discussions about mainstream science here -- there is a lot that you can learn from the PF.

This thread is locked.

Nugatory

Mentor
Hi I posted a theory called the Pyramid model and now I can't find it. Is this website only for PhD's or something?
You also were sent a private message (which you replied to, so we’re reasonably sure you saw it) explaining that the post had been removed because it violated the forum rule requiring that new theories have been published in an appropriate journal before posting here.

We have many threads explaining the rationale for this rule, which is based on more than a decade of moderation experience.

We also have many threads explaining what it takes to get a paper published.