High energy physics internship opportunities at Fermilab after Tevatron shutdown

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Nano-Passion
Messages
1,291
Reaction score
0
The tevatron was shut september 30, 2011 at Fermilab National Laboratory. Basically the particle research is now done in CERN instead. This is bad news because I was planning to do an internship there for high energy physics.

Does this mean that I shouldn't be applying for high energy physics in Fermilab National Laboratory? I greatly doubt they will fly you to CERN for an internship. If someone can please shed some light on this it would be appreciated.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Have you considered contacted them regarding this?
 
sandy.bridge said:
Have you considered contacted them regarding this?

Yes, I already have actually [I left a message] but I believe they won't be there till Monday. I just posted this topic because I'm in a rush to finish my application, but I'll see soon I guess.