High Speed Pneumatic Valve: 200+ Times/Sec, 2-Way, 12bar, 0.03 kg/sec

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
varunt
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello everyone
Iam doing my M.S in aerospace engineering at Chennai, India.
I require a high-speed operating pneumatic valve that can open and close more than 200 times a second.
Kindly allow me to know if it is possible to acquire such a valve with these additional specifications also:
> 2 way
> pressure 12bar
> mass flow rate 0.03 kg/sec
Thanking you in advance.
Varun.T
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I've never heard of anything that high performance. Sorry.
 
Maybe some sort of rotary disk valve on a high-speed spindle?
 
I am trying to think of what application would need such a valve. Do you want to share the valve's requirement?
 
I have no affiliation to these companies.
smc has valves that can do 100 cycles per second,
and i found one under "kelly" company name that had a 1 ms on or off time

and to answer the question about why would anyone want to go that fast,
do you drive a car? the valves in your car go that fast.