Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homogeneous/Inhomogeneous particle production

1. Feb 7, 2013 #1
    I'm currently self studying cosmology, and I've gathered a smattering of articles describing various particle production sources. These sources include production through Homogeneous/inhomogeneous regions. Unruh effect (cosmological Horizon-De Sitter), Hawking radiation. Parker particle production. The list goes on.

One thing I've been noticing is that all these various production regions are all describing regions of varying entropy/energy density regions.

Has anyone come across research or papers that have reconciled the various productions into a more generic formalization?

edit: here are some of the papers

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 7, 2013 #2
    Browse on the web. I do not know.

4. Feb 7, 2013 #3
    I always browse the web first :smile:, The main similarities lies in the perturbations. These different situations are areas of high perturbations. I'd ask in QM forum but my understanding of QM mathematics is far worse.

edit: I just answered my own question :smile:. Follow the history of perturbation theory.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook