Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hoodies! What do you think of the new look?

1. Dec 17, 2007 #1

Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 17, 2007 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Dec 18, 2007 #3

Gold Member

What a wonderful way for creeps and crooks to disguise themselves! Someone wearing such a get-up around here would probably get an ax-handle up-side the head and a quick ride to the county joint.
  5. Dec 18, 2007 #4

Gold Member

This is England old boy, Do you see the parallel to another ethnic story, well if they can hide their faces so can we, only we will take it a step forward.
  6. Dec 18, 2007 #5

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I could wear something like this when I go out on the prairie to visit the military base.

Upside: The winter wind out there is horrible. One of these would make my face much more comfortable on the long hike from the parking lot to the gate.

Downside: The gate usually has armed guards.

Even if they don't shoot me on sight, I'm certainly a dead man when they find a slide rule hidden in my back pack.
  7. Dec 18, 2007 #6
    Hmmm. Like a burqa, but in unisex.
  8. Dec 18, 2007 #7
    :rofl::rofl: yea, as long as I'm not going to the bank they'd be great, I hope they have them here in canada because they look like they would be awesome for winter! ... if only I'd've had one sunday. I had to work the day of the big storm; busses were like an hour behind schedule; the trek home was hell.
  9. Dec 18, 2007 #8
    I remember in grade 11 one night I kind of wandered off into the forrest. meanwhile, my friends broke into this building and stole things that looked like bio-hazard suites. later on I went looking for them, and they saw me, and started running towards me yelling my name...

when I turned around and saw 5 people in white suits and gas-masks running after me I almost peed my pants; I thought the KKK was after me or something. I'd never been so scared in my life; I thought I was good as dead.

once I realized it was them (and they were done making fun of how scared I looked), they took me to where they found the suits... it was like a lab or something, I'm not sure, and it was still under construction. they had boxes full of these suits so I figured I'd take one too, it's not like they'll notice.... looking back, it was probably not the smartest idea to break into a place that requires one to wear a protective suit... or to break into any place, for that matter.
  10. Dec 18, 2007 #9
    It's certainly something that gets around bad hair days and the occasional blemish.

Not so good for speed-dating, though. :<)
  11. Dec 18, 2007 #10
    i think the eyes would fog like crazy unless there is a seperation between that part and the nose/mouth. the guys in the pic look like they are hot boxing those things like champs.
  12. Dec 19, 2007 #11

Gold Member

A female reporter wore one to test peoples reactions, she said the eye pieces fogged up,
    she found that people gave her a wide berth even though she was wearing Pink trainers.
  13. Dec 19, 2007 #12
    That was a mistake of serious unrecognizability!
  14. Dec 19, 2007 #13

It's like the balaclava trend of the late-80s.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?