Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How can I delete my account?

1. Feb 24, 2017 #1
    please and thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 24, 2017 #2

fresh_42

Staff: Mentor

Sorry, to see you leave. You can't remove your account. We normally don't eliminate accounts because it would damage the readability of existing threads, and there is no need to do so. You can simply stop posting. Moreover, I gives you a chance to come back if you want to.

4. Feb 26, 2017 #3
    Are you kidding me????? this must be a freaking joke! What kind of half-assed website do you run?

5. Feb 26, 2017 #4
    ORDER! The answer to your deletion statement is clearly stated in the terms and rules

6. Feb 26, 2017 #5
    hahaha right! If there is something missing in this forum is order!

And since we are at it. There are no terms and rules. There is barely a section called "Physics Forums Global Guidelines" (Reference https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/physics-forums-global-guidelines.414380/) and even those seemed written by a kid. They are hardly enforceable!

You need to provide users an option to delete their account!!! Don't be surprised if you get a lawsuit in the mail...

7. Feb 26, 2017 #6

mfb

2016 Award

We provide an option to delete all personal data, including changing the username. That does not include deleting the whole account.
    There is nothing to enforce. You ask the forum owner (@Greg Bernhardt) for a service. He can say yes, or he can say no.

What is the purpose of all that? No one would ever have cared about your account if you wouldn't have made such a stir here. Now your account gets much more attention.

8. Feb 26, 2017 #7

Ibix

Science Advisor

Out of morbid interest, what is it you want to achieve that you're willing to spend money on a lawsuit? To stop yourself from logging in? To delete one "hi" post and one thread about a rotating rod and this thread?

9. Feb 26, 2017 #8

Charles Link

Homework Helper

@physics_rino I would be glad to put in my 2 cents in any "lawsuit". If you would remain on the website, I think you might find it to give you considerable healthy interaction and discussion. The people who run this website deserve far better than that kind of input.

10. Feb 26, 2017 #9

berkeman

Yeah, and he got very good help in the Homework thread. I wonder if he found out he wasn't supposed to get Internet help on it, and wants the account deleted hoping that the post will go away...

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/rotating-rod.896572/

11. Feb 26, 2017 #10
    You seem to miss the point. But let me explain it to you in a more clear manner. I do not care about attention. Those are your words. It is unheard of that any respectable forum does not allow the option to delete any account. It seems that physicsforum and its moderators are just trying to inflate their user numbers....that's quite deceiving!!!!

I want the freedom to delete my account. How much I have done with it or not it's my and only my business. How many years do I need to invest in an account in order to be able to voice an opinion here? Please tell me

They are getting the same input as the output they are providing with their "guidelines". I'll repeat what I said before "It is unheard of that any respectable forum does not allow the option to delete any account. It seems that physicsforum and its moderators are just trying to inflate their user numbers....that's quite deceiving!!!!"

Just take a minute and think about it

12. Feb 26, 2017 #11

Ibix

Science Advisor

The thought did occur to me. But if he thinks a court case will be resolved before the problem sheet deadline, he's got another think coming.

13. Feb 26, 2017 #12
    Help? what help? that was useless. as is this forum

14. Feb 26, 2017 #13

berkeman

In that case, this thread is done. I'll go ahead and ban you, that should help you resist the urge to come back and post. Have a nice day.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook