How can I fix the mistake of deleting my friend's important family footage?

• Thread starter member 392791
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person who borrowed a friend's video camera and accidentally deleted important footage, causing a rift in their friendship. The person is seeking advice on how to apologize and make amends, while also discussing the importance of trust and respecting others' belongings. The conversation also touches on the differences between male and female perspectives and the value of learning from mistakes.
jedishrfu said:
To summarize the thread:

The students feel the deleting of some videos from a friends camcorder is no big deal and everyone should just make up and not do it again.

The PF technicians recommend that some or all of the videos can be recovered.

All others feel that the OP broke a promise not to delete and willfully ignored his friends request in pursuit of his own project.

And the friend is upset that she didn't save these videos off to some safe place.

In the end no one is happy about what happened, the videos have as yet to be recovered and now we are biting each other over our opinions.

So I'd say the thread has run its course and its time to close it.

A most wise post.

Can I borrow $50?

Physics news on Phys.org
OmCheeto said:
Can I borrow $50?
I'd write you a check but I think it might bounce... :uhh:

jedishrfu said:
To summarize the thread:

The students feel the deleting of some videos from a friends camcorder is no big deal and everyone should just make up and not do it again.

The PF technicians recommend that some or all of the videos can be recovered.

All others feel that the OP broke a promise not to delete and willfully ignored his friends request in pursuit of his own project.

And the friend is upset that she didn't save these videos off to some safe place.

In the end no one is happy about what happened, the videos have as yet to be recovered and now we are biting each other over our opinions.

So I'd say the thread has run its course and its time to close it.
Agreed.