How can I make a custom bootstrap navigation bar?

In summary, the conversation discusses issues with understanding which class to apply to a specific element when creating a bootstrap navigation bar. The individual is looking for coding examples and is warned to be cautious of custom .js files. A website with examples is recommended and the individual expresses gratitude for finding solutions on the site.
Dave Ritche
I am trying to make a bootstrap navigation bar but I'm having issues with understanding which class to apply to a specific element?
Can anyone show me some coding?

Technology news on Phys.org
Likes Borg
Dave Ritche said:
Thanks!I always find the solution here on PF.
You are welcome. I'm using that code for several projects and it allows me to focus on interesting things instead of trying to make it work in different browsers.

1. How do I change the color of the navigation bar?

To change the color of the navigation bar, you can use the "background-color" property in CSS. You can either target the nav tag or add a custom class to the navigation bar and target it in your CSS file.

2. How can I add a logo to the navigation bar?

To add a logo to the navigation bar, you can use the img tag and place it within the nav tag. You can then use CSS to position and style the logo as desired.

3. How can I make the navigation bar responsive?

To make the navigation bar responsive, you can use Bootstrap's built-in classes such as navbar-expand and collapse. These will allow the navigation bar to collapse into a hamburger menu on smaller screens.

4. How do I add dropdown menus to the navigation bar?

To add dropdown menus to the navigation bar, you can use the dropdown class in Bootstrap. Simply add the class to a li element and use the dropdown-menu class for the dropdown content.

5. Can I customize the font and font size of the navigation bar?

Yes, you can customize the font and font size of the navigation bar using CSS. You can target the nav tag or add a custom class to it and then use the font-family and font-size properties to style the text.