How Can I Position a Paragraph at the Bottom of a Page in LaTex?

  • Topic: LaTeX 
  • Thread starter Thread starter DieCommie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Latex
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 7K views
DieCommie
Messages
156
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I have a simple question on formatting with LaTex. I use the MiKTeX 2.6 package and write the code in TeXnicCenter.

What I want is for a paragraph to be on the bottom of the page. My teacher wants the abstract on the cover page. So I have my name and the experiment name on the top and then I want my abstract paragraph to be on the bottom with a bunch of space in between the title and abstract. I don't want the abstract to wrap to the second page.

I have tried using footnote commands, but then it gets numbered and has funny formatting. There should be a way to do this without footnote.

Thx for any help you have!

(I hope I put this in the right forum...)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
DieCommie said:
Hello,

I have a simple question on formatting with LaTex. I use the MiKTeX 2.6 package and write the code in TeXnicCenter.

What I want is for a paragraph to be on the bottom of the page. My teacher wants the abstract on the cover page. So I have my name and the experiment name on the top and then I want my abstract paragraph to be on the bottom with a bunch of space in between the title and abstract. I don't want the abstract to wrap to the second page.

I have tried using footnote commands, but then it gets numbered and has funny formatting. There should be a way to do this without footnote.

Thx for any help you have!

(I hope I put this in the right forum...)

I use the same setup as you (MikTeX and TeXnicCenter)
I use the amsstex packages. I am using the "article" class.

Here is something that seems to work: just before the \begin{abstract} line I put

\vspace*{1truecm}


If you change the 1 for another number you are inserting more vertical space.
 
Thx for the reply,

I was hoping there was a more slick way to do it automatically instead of manually finding a number the proper vertical space. Otherwise, I will do that...

What does \begin{abstract} do? I discovered that while goggling today, but it didnt seem to have an effect in my paper.

Thx again