How Can I Resolve a Fatal Error Description of Cell 27 in MCNP?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sanjay singh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Error Mcnp
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
sanjay singh
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I am running MCNP. It gives a error massage : fatal error description of cell 27 uses 1098 words. 1000 words max.

I am not able to resolve this. If anybody can explain me about this error and how to correct it. regards
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Is there additional detail you can provide here that might assist someone who uses MCNP to help you with this?
 
That happens when the cell description is too long. MCNP has a limit on that. Correcting this depends entirely on your problem geometry. If you can, break that cell into simpler Boolean expressions or different simpler cells.