How Can I Simplify This Complex Mathematical Expression?

In summary, The conversation discusses the difficulty of solving math problems and the need for multiple ways to approach them in order to better understand them. The conversation then provides an expression to simplify and solve, with an error in the original expression corrected. The final result is given for the specific value of w=2, and a humorous comment is made about psychic abilities.
headbang
Hello,
I am having difficulty solving my math problems.

Simplify the Expression and show how.. And kalkulate

z²+w(2wz)²-(w+4z²-1)w³-(z+w²)(x-w²)

And w=2

I know we have many ways doing it, an the more ways i can study, the bether i can understand this..

Mathematics news on Phys.org
headbang said:
Hello,
I am having difficulty solving my math problems.

Simplify the Expression and show how.. And kalkulate

z²+w(2wz)²-(w+4z²-1)w³-(z+w²)(x-w²)

And w=2

I know we have many ways doing it, an the more ways i can study, the bether i can understand this..

Do you maybe mean:

$z^2+w(2wz)^2-(w+4z^2-1)w^3-(z+w^2)($z$-w^2)$

($z$ instead of $x$) ?? (Wondering)

If so, it is as followed:

$$z^2+w(2wz)^2-(w+4z^2-1)w^3-(z+w^2)(z-w^2) \\ =z^2+w 4 w^2 z^2-ww^3-4z^2w^3+w^3-(z^2-zw^2+zw^2-w^4) \\ =z^2+4 w^3 z^2-w^4-4z^2w^3+w^3-(z^2-w^4) \\ =z^2-w^4+w^3-z^2+w^4=w^3$$

For $w=2$ we have

$$2^3=8$$

You are so good.. You solved it even if i can't read and Write the right Expression... :)

headbang said:
You are so good.. You solved it even if i can't read and Write the right Expression... :)
I suspect that MHB is conducting secret genetic experimentation on some members to promote psychic abilities.

-Dan

Hello,

I completely understand that math can be challenging at times, but don't worry, we can work through this together. Let's start by simplifying the expression you provided:

z² + w(2wz)² - (w + 4z² - 1)w³ - (z + w²)(x - w²)

First, let's substitute in the given value for w, which is 2:

z² + 2(2*2*z)² - (2 + 4z² - 1)2³ - (z + 2²)(x - 2²)

Next, we can simplify the exponents within the parentheses:

z² + 2(4z)² - (2 + 4z² - 1)8 - (z + 4)(x - 4)

Now, we can distribute the 8 within the second set of parentheses:

z² + 2(4z)² - 16 - 32z² + 8 - (z + 4)(x - 4)

Next, we can distribute the -1 within the first set of parentheses:

Now, we can distribute the -1 within the first set of parentheses:

Lastly, we can simplify the remaining terms and combine like terms:

z² + 32z² - 16 - 32z² + 8 - zx + 4z - 4x + 16

= 33z² - zx + 4z - 4x + 8

I hope this helps simplify the expression for you. Remember, there are many ways to approach and solve a math problem, so don't hesitate to try different methods until you find one that works best for you. Keep practicing and you will become more confident in your math skills. Good luck!

Related to How Can I Simplify This Complex Mathematical Expression?

What is the meaning of "simplify the expression"?

When we say "simplify the expression," we are asking you to perform mathematical operations on the given expression in order to make it easier to understand or solve. This usually involves combining like terms, removing parentheses, and/or reducing fractions.

Why is it important to simplify expressions?

Simplifying expressions allows us to better understand and work with mathematical equations. It also helps us to find the simplest form of the expression, making it easier to solve and manipulate.

What are some ways to simplify expressions?

There are several techniques you can use to simplify expressions, including combining like terms, using the distributive property, and factoring. You can also use rules of exponents and logarithms to simplify more complex expressions.

Can expressions be simplified with variables?

Yes, expressions with variables can be simplified using the same techniques as expressions with numbers. The only difference is that the final result may include variables instead of just numbers.

Is there a specific order to simplify the expression?

Yes, there is a specific order to simplify expressions, known as the order of operations. This order is: parentheses, exponents, multiplication and division (from left to right), and addition and subtraction (from left to right). It is important to follow this order to get the correct simplified expression.