How Can I Make θ the Subject of This Complex Mathematical Formula?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter otakwa
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Formula
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
otakwa
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Help me make θ the subject of the formula in the following equation:

X = [cosθ + R(V-θ)-1.6364]-1]
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
otakwa said:
Help me make θ the subject of the formula in the following equation:

X = [cosθ + R(V-θ)-1.6364]-1]


Het otakwa and welcome to the forums. I'll assume your equation is X = [cosθ + R(V-θ)^-1.6364] - 1.

The question I have for you is are you aware that you will only be able to get a value for θ to be in the range of [0,pi] and with the R and V it might even be more restricted.

For this particular equation you won't be able to get an analytic answer and you will need to use a computer to get the answer.

Have you ever done this kind of thing before?