1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How can i start in quantum physics and quantum mechanics?

1. Nov 4, 2017 #1
    i want an article or video that i can start with at the journy of understanding the basics of quantum physics and quantum mechanics
    i don't want a book because in my country i would not find this types of books every where it's unique to find them
    thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 4, 2017 #2
  4. Nov 4, 2017 #3

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

5. Nov 4, 2017 #4
    Thanks for the Feynman lecture links

6. Nov 5, 2017 #5

7. Nov 5, 2017 #6
    Have you already learned classical mechanics, electromagnetism or optics?

8. Nov 7, 2017 #7
    no no i am 13 ,but in the college i will

9. Nov 7, 2017 #8

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Then you need to learn physics, period, not just "quantum physics". You cannot learn physics in bits and pieces, because they are all connected.

And to be able to do physics, you need a solid foundation in mathematics.

Zz.

10. Nov 7, 2017 #9
    That's a bit heavy handed reply for an OP that wanted to know where they could start.

i want an article or video that i can start with at the journy of understanding the basics of quantum physics and quantum mechanics

Everyone has to _START_ somewhere. Yes, one will need a solid foundation in mathematics to major in physics or to succeed in college physics courses. But one can certainly make a good start in middle school and high school BEFORE one has all the math needed to succeed in college physics. (I certainly did. The understanding of physics I gained before I was proficient in the math required for college physics served me very well in my career.) No need to put up road blocks.

11. Nov 19, 2017 #10
    I'll tell you what helped me get into it. As I am seeking advice as well. It started with the crash course Channel on YouTube. Watch the physics section. Here's the thing, the person that does that uses quite a bit of equations. There are some explanations on where they came from but not all of them. Then watch the space-time Channel on YouTube. Both of them are done by PBS. The space-time helped me a lot more because not only does it draw the connections between the language of mathematics. But it shows mathematics as not just a tool, but a description of reality. This distinction made it a lot more interesting for me. Those are all basic concepts without deeper understanding. However, at least you will have an idea and a basic understanding of what physics is.

12. Dec 9, 2017 #11
    thanks bro i will

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted