How can I unsubscribe from a thread

• Thread starter Diffy
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

I now consider the emails I get from the "Who wants to be a mathematician thread spam" as it seems I get 2-3 per day. Is there a way that I can unsubscribe from this thread, if so how?

Answers and Replies

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If view your subscribed threads from the quick links on the top right bar you will see there is a check box next to the subscribed threads. check the thread you want then scroll down to the bottom of the page and there is a drop down menu with several options for changing the subscription type or removing altogether.

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
2018 Award
I now consider the emails I get from the "Who wants to be a mathematician thread spam" as it seems I get 2-3 per day. Is there a way that I can unsubscribe from this thread, if so how?
Click on My PF link (top left). Then click on Edit Options. You will see a section titled "Default Thread Subscription Mode". If you do not want any e-mail notification of the threads that you have participated in (and thus, subscribe to), choose the "No email notification" option from the dropbox, and you're done.

Zz.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Click on My PF link (top left). Then click on Edit Options. You will see a section titled "Default Thread Subscription Mode". If you do not want any e-mail notification of the threads that you have participated in (and thus, subscribe to), choose the "No email notification" option from the dropbox, and you're done.

Zz.
You may also want to turn off automatically subscribing to threads you've replied in, or delete that particular one from your list of subscribed threads so you don't get updates of any kind on that one.