Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How can I unsubscribe from a thread

1. Mar 18, 2008 #1
    I now consider the emails I get from the "Who wants to be a mathematician thread spam" as it seems I get 2-3 per day. Is there a way that I can unsubscribe from this thread, if so how?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 18, 2008 #2

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If view your subscribed threads from the quick links on the top right bar you will see there is a check box next to the subscribed threads. check the thread you want then scroll down to the bottom of the page and there is a drop down menu with several options for changing the subscription type or removing altogether.

4. Mar 18, 2008 #3

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Click on My PF link (top left). Then click on Edit Options. You will see a section titled "Default Thread Subscription Mode". If you do not want any e-mail notification of the threads that you have participated in (and thus, subscribe to), choose the "No email notification" option from the dropbox, and you're done.

Zz.

5. Mar 18, 2008 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You may also want to turn off automatically subscribing to threads you've replied in, or delete that particular one from your list of subscribed threads so you don't get updates of any kind on that one.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?