How can I unsubscribe from a thread

• Thread starter Diffy
  • Start date
In summary, to unsubscribe from the "Who wants to be a mathematician thread" and stop receiving emails, you can go to the "My PF" link, click on "Edit Options", and choose "No email notification" from the dropbox under "Default Thread Subscription Mode". You may also want to turn off automatic subscriptions or delete the thread from your list of subscribed threads.
Diffy
I now consider the emails I get from the "Who wants to be a mathematician thread spam" as it seems I get 2-3 per day. Is there a way that I can unsubscribe from this thread, if so how?

Physics news on Phys.org
If view your subscribed threads from the quick links on the top right bar you will see there is a check box next to the subscribed threads. check the thread you want then scroll down to the bottom of the page and there is a drop down menu with several options for changing the subscription type or removing altogether.

Diffy said:
I now consider the emails I get from the "Who wants to be a mathematician thread spam" as it seems I get 2-3 per day. Is there a way that I can unsubscribe from this thread, if so how?

Click on My PF link (top left). Then click on Edit Options. You will see a section titled "Default Thread Subscription Mode". If you do not want any e-mail notification of the threads that you have participated in (and thus, subscribe to), choose the "No email notification" option from the dropbox, and you're done.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Click on My PF link (top left). Then click on Edit Options. You will see a section titled "Default Thread Subscription Mode". If you do not want any e-mail notification of the threads that you have participated in (and thus, subscribe to), choose the "No email notification" option from the dropbox, and you're done.

Zz.

You may also want to turn off automatically subscribing to threads you've replied in, or delete that particular one from your list of subscribed threads so you don't get updates of any kind on that one.

1. How do I unsubscribe from a thread on a forum?

To unsubscribe from a thread on a forum, you will need to go to the thread itself and look for an unsubscribe button or link. This may be located at the top or bottom of the thread, or in a drop-down menu under the thread title. Click on this button or link and follow the prompts to confirm your unsubscribe request.

2. Can I unsubscribe from a thread without logging into my account?

It depends on the specific forum or platform you are using. Some forums may allow you to unsubscribe from a thread without logging in by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email notification you received for the thread. However, others may require you to log in and access the thread from your account in order to unsubscribe.

3. How can I stop receiving notifications from a thread?

If you do not want to completely unsubscribe from a thread, but simply stop receiving notifications for new replies, you can usually do so by clicking on the "Unsubscribe from notifications" or "Stop following" link within the email notification you received for the thread. This will prevent any further notifications from being sent to your email.

4. What if I accidentally unsubscribed from a thread?

If you accidentally unsubscribed from a thread and wish to re-subscribe, you can usually do so by going to the thread and clicking on the "Subscribe" or "Follow" button or link. This will re-subscribe you to the thread and you will start receiving notifications for new replies again.

5. Can I unsubscribe from a specific thread without unsubscribing from the entire forum?

Yes, most forums allow you to unsubscribe from a specific thread without unsubscribing from the entire forum. Simply go to the thread and look for the unsubscribe button or link, and click on it to unsubscribe from that particular thread. Your subscription to the rest of the forum will remain unchanged.