Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How can it be deduced general relativity from planck length

1. Dec 22, 2014 #1
    How can it be deduced general relativity from planck length?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 22, 2014 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Question doesn't make sense. Plank length is just an arbitrary length. That's like asking how can we deduce GR from the meter or the foot or the mile.

4. Dec 22, 2014 #3

julian

Gold Member

Do you mean how can the classical theory of general relativity be deduced from quantum Plank scale physics?

5. Dec 29, 2014 #4
    The question is certainly drastically condensed but it is not meaningless; it is just unconventional and unpublished.

6. Dec 29, 2014 #5

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Can you then restate it so it makes sense and is meaningful?

7. Dec 30, 2014 #6

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Blackforest has PM'd me indicating that his answer would not be within the forum rules so I still have no information that would lead me to believe that the OP's question makes any sense. Garrolu, can you clarify your question?

8. Dec 30, 2014 #7
    In some way parented with your approximate formulation you may eventually appreciate the discussion exposed here:
    [arxiv:gr-qc/9904026v2, 14 April 1999] "On gravity and the uncertainty principle".
    I hope you enjoy it and perceive the strong logical correlation between the correct utilization of the Heisenberg's uncertainty principle and the possibility to get a connection with the theory of relativity.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook