How can someone do well at a University if they repeat classes at 2 yr college

In summary, if you have had to repeat math courses at a junior college and are now transferring to a 4-year university, it may feel daunting to take upper level classes. However, it is important to evaluate your study habits and seek tutoring if necessary. Don't be afraid to ask for help and remember that it is okay to ask questions and take things slowly. This will help you engage with the material and improve your understanding.
land_of_ice
If you've repeated math classes just at 2 year college and want to transfer to university but feel afraid?
due to, you've had to repeat math courses at junior college and junior college is supposed to be far easier than 4 year college , it feels scary to think about taking upper level classes at a 4 year University. What are some ways to manage yourself to be a little more sure you can do it easier?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Evaluate your study habits and seek tutoring if necessary.

land_of_ice said:
If you've repeated math classes just at 2 year college and want to transfer to university but feel afraid?
due to, you've had to repeat math courses at junior college and junior college is supposed to be far easier than 4 year college , it feels scary to think about taking upper level classes at a 4 year University. What are some ways to manage yourself to be a little more sure you can do it easier?

Don't be afraid to ask for help. At some point it doesn't matter how bright or intelligent you are people will need others to move forward. If you need to see your lecturer every few weeks then that's ok. If people have the nerve to think less of you just think **** em.

Just do what you can and don't feel stupid if you have to ask questions. Also take two steps forward one step back. After you cover a particular topic ask yourself "What does this really mean?" "Why am I learning this?" "What does this imply?" The more questions the better because by doing this you are engaging in stretching your mind.

1. How do I know which classes I should repeat at a 2-year college?

Before repeating classes at a 2-year college, it is important to consult with your academic advisor at the university you plan to attend. They can advise you on which classes are necessary for your major and which ones would benefit from being repeated at a 2-year college.

2. Will repeating classes at a 2-year college affect my GPA at the university?

Yes, repeating classes at a 2-year college can have an impact on your GPA at the university. The grades you receive at the 2-year college will be factored into your overall GPA at the university. However, some universities may have policies in place that allow for grade forgiveness or replacement when repeating a class at a 2-year college.

3. Can I transfer credits from a 2-year college to a university?

Yes, in most cases, credits earned at a 2-year college can be transferred to a university. However, it is important to check with the university you plan to attend to ensure that the credits will transfer and be applied towards your degree requirements.

4. Will repeating classes at a 2-year college hurt my chances of getting into a university?

No, repeating classes at a 2-year college does not necessarily hurt your chances of getting into a university. Admissions decisions are based on a variety of factors, and repeating classes may actually demonstrate your determination and commitment to academic success.

5. How can I make the most out of repeating classes at a 2-year college?

To make the most out of repeating classes at a 2-year college, it is important to have a clear understanding of your academic goals and consult with your advisor. Additionally, take advantage of resources and support services offered by the 2-year college, such as tutoring and study groups, to help you succeed in your repeated classes.