General Sax, if your TA's are helping you with this then what they are good for is uncertain.
We have two TA's in my physics lab, but my physics lab is divided into two sections, so the TA's are also 'split'. The TA for my section is very unfriendly, I feel he has a "this is beneath me" attitude. He always makes me feel so stupid. The other TA is nice and friendly, but always has such a large queue for questions that I often don't have the time to ask him questions ( we have to hand in our lab reports at the end of the lab).
Do you at least have the explanation and description of the process for this kind of graphing in your laboratory manual?
Yes, but it reads to me like programming syntax, and I always have had difficulty learning that way. I preform much better in a class or tutorial environment.
What exactly do you mean? Maybe.
re-write the equation so that I have the form y = mx + b. where m and b are compositions of variables.
That means nothing. What kind of values are and are not plotted? Why?
You need to identify your chosen variables; sometimes one of your variable is composed of other variables.
Your response was helpful.
Let's say that the variables were l ( l = lambda ) and u.
l = (k/f)*(T/u)0.5
I could plot the graph using:
y = l
x = 1/ (u)0.5
thus:
m = (T/u)0.5 * 1/f
Thanks again for any time you contribute to me. I really do appreciate it. Happy thanksgiving!
Edit: m (slope) = T0.5 * k/f