How Close Can You Get to 80% of the Average Guess?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Physics_wiz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 4K views
Physics_wiz said:
Here are the numbers I got for the second round:
38
15
26
73
42

The average was 38.8, 80% of the average = 31.04

franznietzsche won with his guess of 26, congratulations :biggrin:

I have to say that I'm surprised the average moved up instead of down, but this could just mean that the number of players wasn't enough or the rules weren't very clear. Anyways, no more rounds...thanks for participating though :biggrin:.

I knew it would go up :approve: . Just didn't think that much.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
bah! i vastly underestimated the number of participants :(
 
Oh, Physics_Wiz, we said that the percentage was to be chosen at random and that I was to going win that game. Give me back the $20!