Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How difficult does this course description sound to you

1. Nov 10, 2008 #1
    hey everyone, i need some advice. im not the strongest math student, but i can work some stuff out. for my second year i am required to take a math course at the 2000 level. after looking through my options i came across one titled "introduction to geometry" here is the courses description:
    "An introduction to classical geometry; Euclidean plane geometry; plane tiling; polytopes in three and four dimensions; curved surfaces; Euler characteristic."

how does this sound to those who know alot about math, do you see any difficulties in any of the topics from the description?
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 11, 2008 #2
    I would seek out an adviser in your university's math department and speak with him/her about whether or not it is a good fit for you. They will know how rigorous the course is better than anyone here. Sure we know a lot of math, and know what the things are in the description, but what we don't know is how these concepts will be presented.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?