How Do Copper, Iron, Aluminium, and Zinc Correlate in Properties and Uses?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
nofx
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
The question basically states write a brief overview of the correlation between the properties and uses for copper, iron, aluminium and zinc.

Now I know this sounds like a simple research task, it's supposed to relate to periodic trends and their placing on the table. It's in this area that I've had no luck.

If anyone cares to explain or has a site that does I'd be really grateful :smile:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
nofx said:
The question basically states write a brief overview of the correlation between the properties and uses for copper, iron, aluminium and zinc.
Now I know this sounds like a simple research task, it's supposed to relate to periodic trends and their placing on the table. It's in this area that I've had no luck.
If anyone cares to explain or has a site that does I'd be really grateful :smile:
Simply find out what these periodic trends are and you will find your answer. (ie. electronegativity, atomic radius, etc.)
http://www.webelements.com/