How Do I Calculate Powder Amount in Grams for NKBT Perovskite Material?

  • Thread starter Thread starter paramahamsa
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Difference Mole
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 5K views
paramahamsa
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
hello forum
I am working on NKBT Perovskite material.My formula is (Na0.5 K0.5)0.5 (Bi)0.5 TiO3
I am using NaNo3,KNO3,Bi(NO3)3.5H2O,TiO2 powders
my question is how much powder in grams I have to take according to stichometry.
Do I have to work in wt% or in Mole %.
is there any difference?
I am using this method
NaNO3 in Grms = molecular wt of NaNO3*no.of moles of NaNO3*5(i want to make 5 grms of total sample)/total molecular weight of compound.
Is this correct?
please reply.
actuall I am a physics major.
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
To prepare the mix you have to convert everything to grams, there is no other reasonable way to measure amount of the solid than to weight it.

Calculate molar ratio first, then convert it to weight ratio using molar masses of the compounds used.
 
thank you for reply
so is my method is correct? or wrong?
can I proceed in the same way?
 
paramahamsa said:
NaNO3 in Grms = molecular wt of NaNO3*no.of moles of NaNO3*5(i want to make 5 grms of total sample)/total molecular weight of compound.

Looks OK to me.