How do I combine drag and friction for a skier on a 40° slope?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gott_ist_tot
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Drag Friction
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Gott_ist_tot
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
I have a question where an 80 kg skier goes down a 40 degree snow slope on wooden skis. The skier is 1.8m tall and .4m wide. I use the drag equation and get 53 m/s. However I am not sure how to add friction into this. Any guidance is appreciated. Oh, friction is .06.

I am not looking for an answer only direction. The numbers were put down just in case.

Thank you for your help.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
[tex]F_{\mu}=\mu N[/tex]
So the total force downwards (along the slope) must then be - what?