How do I get the Convection Coefficient for steam in a jacketed vessel?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3 replies · 2K views
Will26040
Messages
21
Reaction score
3
TL;DR
I need to obtain the convection coefficient of the steam in a heating jacket. I have steam at 1 bar and I know the dimensions of the jacket
Please could someone point me in the direction of an equation/ book I can use to obtain the convection coefficient for steam in a heating jacket. Steam is at 1 bar pressure. I think I need to use a dimensionless number. Thanks
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
My 5th Edition of Chemical Engineer's Handbook by Perry & Chilton has several pages on condensing and boiling heat transfer. This book is an excellent resource for people with your type of questions. Amazon has it, and the current edition is apparently the 9th Edition.