Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do i post a picture with my question?

1. Dec 19, 2007 #1
    well i have a few important questions to ask and i would like to post some pictures to make them as clear as possible (i would prefer if they could be seen with the question not as a link) and i was wondering if someone could please show me how.

here is a test i am not sure if it will work

once i find out how to post pics i will post my problem

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 19, 2007 #2
    it didn't work sorry

4. Dec 19, 2007 #3

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

You can insert the image as an attachment to the post. Click on the paper clip above the text box when you are typing the post. The only problem with this is that you'll have to wait for a mentor to approve the image before anyone can see it.

Also, if your questions are homework type questions, please post them in the appropriate homework help section:

https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=152

5. Dec 19, 2007 #4
    hmmm

would it be possible to some how post the pictures directly in with the question like on a word document notr as an attachment? the questions i have are kind of confusing and the pictures make them so much clearer!

6. Dec 19, 2007 #5

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Your best bet is to put them in as an attachment or link to them if you have a website. I don't know of any other way to do it. The attachment is the only way I know of to put an actual image in a post. It works, it just won't be instantaneous.

7. Dec 19, 2007 #6
    I personally put them on a photobucket account. There is a bar under the picture in your galery that you press, and it automatically copies the code for the link to the picture on a forum. It will show up on its own not as a link.

:rofl: I like the Santa hat on your avatar G01.

8. Dec 19, 2007 #7

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

This feature is disabled in the physics section of the forum. In fact, I think the only forums that the img codes will work are the GD and HW forums (I'm guessing with the latter).

So doing what you suggested won't work here.

Zz.

9. Dec 19, 2007 #8

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Thanks! I felt I needed to get a little more into the spirit of the season.:smile:

10. Jan 14, 2008 #9

Shooting Star

Homework Helper

Attachments, pictures or otherwise, have to be approved before we can see them. But in some posts I have noticed, (I may be mistaken), that some thumbnails are given which show up immediately. (Again, it's possible that I've viewed them after the approval.)

Is this true, about thumbnails I mean?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  11. Jan 14, 2008 #10

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There are two different ways in the homework forums. Either as attachments which need to be approved, or from a photobucket or imageshack (or any other web picture hosting) you can use [ img] tags.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?