Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do I post a link to one of my PF blog posts?

1. Oct 29, 2013 #1

andrewkirk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I've done a long derivation in a PF blog post, with lots of Latex. I then tried to link to it in a discussion thread. But people tell me the link doesn't work.

This is what I did:
    I viewed the blog post via My PF > Blog > Your blog, and then copied the URL from the address bar and pasted it in the link:

https://www.physicsforums.com/blog.php?b=4697

Can anybody tell me how to do this so that the link works?

I could just copy the contents from the blog to the thread but I'm reluctant to do that as it's a lot of latex and may constitute a selfish drain of resources.

thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 29, 2013 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

You don't have a blog entry, or it is not public.

4. Oct 29, 2013 #3

andrewkirk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

It looks like I have blog entries, but perhaps there is some button to 'publish' it that I have not clicked. I will attach to this a screenshot of what I see when I look at one of my blog entries. Can you please tell me how to make it public? I have clicked all the relevant-looking buttons on Blog Control Panel > Blog Options.

Attached Files:

5. Oct 29, 2013 #4

mfb

2016 Award

It is a draft, there is a dropdown "Publish status" in the options below the edit window.

6. Oct 29, 2013 #5

andrewkirk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

THank you. I've found the dropdown and used that. I assume the link above will now work and bring up the blog entry will it? Or do I need to get a new link - if so how?

7. Oct 29, 2013 #6

mfb

2016 Award

The link works now.

8. Oct 30, 2013 #7

andrewkirk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Thank you

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook