How do I post a link to one of my PF blog posts?

• Thread starter andrewkirk
  • Start date
In summary, the person had posted a long derivation in a Physics Forums blog post with Latex, but when they tried to link to it in a discussion thread, the link did not work. They then asked for help on how to properly link the blog post, without having to copy and paste the content into the thread. It was discovered that the blog post was either not public or not published, and the person was able to make it public by changing the "Publish status" in the blog options. The link now works.
andrewkirk
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
I've done a long derivation in a PF blog post, with lots of Latex. I then tried to link to it in a discussion thread. But people tell me the link doesn't work.

This is what I did:
I viewed the blog post via My PF > Blog > Your blog, and then copied the URL from the address bar and pasted it in the link:

https://www.physicsforums.com/blog.php?b=4697

Can anybody tell me how to do this so that the link works?

I could just copy the contents from the blog to the thread but I'm reluctant to do that as it's a lot of latex and may constitute a selfish drain of resources.

thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
You don't have a blog entry, or it is not public.

It looks like I have blog entries, but perhaps there is some button to 'publish' it that I have not clicked. I will attach to this a screenshot of what I see when I look at one of my blog entries. Can you please tell me how to make it public? I have clicked all the relevant-looking buttons on Blog Control Panel > Blog Options.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2013-10-30 12:27:01.png
    Screenshot from 2013-10-30 12:27:01.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 408
It is a draft, there is a dropdown "Publish status" in the options below the edit window.

Likes 1 person
THank you. I've found the dropdown and used that. I assume the link above will now work and bring up the blog entry will it? Or do I need to get a new link - if so how?

The link works now.

Likes 1 person
Thank you

1. How do I post a link to one of my PF blog posts?

To post a link to one of your PF blog posts, you can simply copy the URL of the post and paste it into the desired location, such as a social media post or an email. Alternatively, you can use the HTML anchor tag to create a clickable link within a blog post or website.

2. Can I customize the appearance of the link to my PF blog post?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of the link by using the HTML anchor tag and adding attributes such as "title", "style", or "target". These attributes can change the color, font, and behavior of the link.

3. How can I track the number of clicks on the link to my PF blog post?

You can track the number of clicks on the link to your PF blog post by using a URL shortener service, such as Bitly or Google URL Shortener. These services provide analytics and statistics on the number of clicks and the source of the clicks.

4. Is there a way to make the link to my PF blog post stand out more?

Yes, you can make the link to your PF blog post stand out more by using a call-to-action (CTA) phrase or button. This encourages readers to click on the link and increases the chances of them visiting your blog post.

5. Can I share a link to my PF blog post on multiple platforms at once?

Yes, you can use social media management tools, such as Hootsuite or Buffer, to schedule and share your blog post link on multiple platforms at once. This can save time and effort in promoting your blog post across different channels.