How do I post a link to one of my PF blog posts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter andrewkirk
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 2K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
Messages
4,140
Reaction score
1,741
I've done a long derivation in a PF blog post, with lots of Latex. I then tried to link to it in a discussion thread. But people tell me the link doesn't work.

This is what I did:
I viewed the blog post via My PF > Blog > Your blog, and then copied the URL from the address bar and pasted it in the link:

https://www.physicsforums.com/blog.php?b=4697

Can anybody tell me how to do this so that the link works?

I could just copy the contents from the blog to the thread but I'm reluctant to do that as it's a lot of latex and may constitute a selfish drain of resources.

thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
It looks like I have blog entries, but perhaps there is some button to 'publish' it that I have not clicked. I will attach to this a screenshot of what I see when I look at one of my blog entries. Can you please tell me how to make it public? I have clicked all the relevant-looking buttons on Blog Control Panel > Blog Options.
 
Attachments
  • Screenshot from 2013-10-30 12:27:01.png
    Screenshot from 2013-10-30 12:27:01.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 497
THank you. I've found the dropdown and used that. I assume the link above will now work and bring up the blog entry will it? Or do I need to get a new link - if so how?