1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do I put a Zenith Angle in my calculator?

1. Oct 19, 2007 #1
    1.I am given a zenith angle of 73 (degrees) 17'30"

2. How do I compute (2360/5280)times cos(73 degrees, 17'30") with a ti 89 and a regular scientific calculator?

3. The solution is .446 degrees

Thank you sooo very much.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 19, 2007 #2

learningphysics

Homework Helper

4. Oct 19, 2007 #3
    Are you taking astronomy? Is the question about insolation?

Can you give the complete question?

5. Oct 19, 2007 #4
    on most casio and sharp calculators (FX series and DAL series, is what most students use in my part of the world), there is a button that looks like . , ,,
    if your angle measurement is set to degrees, you can input DMS measurements like this:
    73 (. , ,,) 17 (. , ,,) 30 (. , ,,) and it will do the calculation in DMS. On the casio it returns the andswer in DMS and you must press this button again when it displays the answer to show you in decimal degrees. Hope that helps. I have used a TI89 myself but can't think how it differs. I only have a TI83 to hand and that is very different to a TI89 I think

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?