How do I sketch the convolution of 3cos(10πt) with δ(t+1/10) in Matlab?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 9K views
O.J.
Messages
198
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Sketch this function in matlab

g = 3cos (10pi t) convolved with delta(t+1/10)



Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution





I just need the full code to do it as an example so that I can follow up easily. thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The "Similar Threads" section at the bottom of pages on this website frequently contain helpful information. For instance, this one:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=298691

There's also this page, which might be of some interest to you:
http://www.eece.unm.edu/signals/signals/Discrete_Convolution/discrete_convolution.html
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Believe me, I've gone through those two pages before I post this. I have the second link even bookmarked. It still didnt help me. Can some1 just show me how the code should be written?
 
O.J. said:
Believe me, I've gone through those two pages before I post this. I have the second link even bookmarked. It still didnt help me. Can some1 just show me how the code should be written?

Well, there's sample code at the bottom of that second link. The first part (of the snippet) is establishing the functions, the stuff in the middle is the actual convolution (note how short it is), and the last bit is displaying the results.