How Do You Calculate Collision Rates and Emission Wavelengths in Physics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
XBOX999
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Can you please set up the equations for me to help me solve these questions.:
1) How many collisions per second occur on a container wall with an area of
1.00 cm^2 for a collection of Ar particles at 1.10 atm and 290.1 K?
I think I should use this equation to answer this question:
ZW = NAp/(2πMRT )^1/2

2) Determine the wavelength of the most intense electromagnetic radiation
emitted from a furnace at 2500.1 °C.


Also, if you can explanes what do you mean by each variable that would be great.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I just want the equations which I can use to solve the problems. I do not want the final answer