Determining Wavelength of Most Intense Electromagnetic Radiation at 2500.1 °C

  • Thread starter Thread starter XBOX999
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
XBOX999
Messages
9
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Determine the wavelength of the most intense electromagnetic radiation
emitted from a furnace at 2500.1 °C.

Homework Equations



Wien Law Tλ max = 1/5 c2
where c2= 1.44 cmK
or another equation
λ=b/T where B= 2.897*10^-3 m.k

The Attempt at a Solution


when I solve it with equation 1:
I got 1.0388*10^-4 cm
when I solve it with the second equation
I got 1044.6 nm
Please check my answer if it write if the equations are write to solve the problem and check my significant digits.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Your answer(s) look good.
When you do the calculation
λ=c2 / 5T,​
How many significant figures are there in c2? And in T?