How Do You Calculate Initial Velocity of an Arrow Shot Straight Up?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 4K views
swatmedic05
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
You shoot an arrow into the air. Two seconds later (2.00 ) the arrow has gone straight upward to a height of 25.0 above its launch point
What is the initial velocity or the formula I would use to find
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Are you looking for max velocity? Initial velocity at what point? Before you shot it would be zero. At max height it would also be zero.
 
the right answer is 22.3 but i don't know how the book got that answer
 
That is the entire question: My homework is on masteringphysics.com
 
I apologize I think I just figured it out. Here is the formula
velocity & displacement:
v^2=initial velocity+2(-9.8m/s^2)(25m) but your initial velocity should be zero so are you sure that that is what the question is asking for.