How Do You Calculate Moles and Concentration of Ca(2+) in CaC2O4H2O?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
Dooga Blackrazor
Messages
258
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



I did an experiment and found the weight of CaC(2)O(4)H(2)0 to be 31.4966 subtracted by the weight of a crucible which is 31.2612.

I put this for my weight of CaC204H20 (as I can't think of any other weight that it would be requested). I followed the next question calculating molecular weight. 146.112. After that I calculated the moles of CaC204H20 to be 1.6 x 10^-3 (not sure on this).

I now need the moles of Ca(2+ charge). There are 27.42% Ca(2+) mass percentage of it.

I don't know what to do from there. Same goes for the concentration of Ca(2+)


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



If I had to guess, I would say the moles of Ca2+ are 0.2742 times 146.112, but I am not sure.

Concentration, I have no clue. I have been looking through my online notes on this for hours now. Thanks for any help.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Your calculation of the moles of CaC2O4*H2O is correct. According to the formula of the compound, how many moles of Ca2+ does one mole of the compound contain?