How Do You Calculate Projectile Motion for a Missile Launched at an Angle?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
elgato11
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi,

not sure if I am posting in the correct area but I need some help looking over a piece of homework.

The question is in the image I have linked below but I will type out the question anyway.

A missile leaves the ground with a velocity of 200ms-1 at an angle of 60° to the horizontal. Assume the acceleration due to gravity is 10ms-2.

Questions

a) The initial vertical component of the velocity
b) The initial horizontal component of the velocity
c) The Time taken to reach maximum height
d) The total time of the flight
e) The altitude obtained
f) The horizontal distance traveled during the flight.

Link to my attempt at solutions ---------------- http://tinypic.com/r/2igbn2u/6any help would be appreciated thank you.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
elgato11 said:
Hi,

not sure if I am posting in the correct area but I need some help looking over a piece of homework.

The question is in the image I have linked below but I will type out the question anyway.

A missile leaves the ground with a velocity of 200ms-1 at an angle of 60° to the horizontal. Assume the acceleration due to gravity is 10ms-2.

Questions

a) The initial vertical component of the velocity
b) The initial horizontal component of the velocity
c) The Time taken to reach maximum height
d) The total time of the flight
e) The altitude obtained
f) The horizontal distance traveled during the flight.

Link to my attempt at solutions ---------------- http://tinypic.com/r/2igbn2u/6


any help would be appreciated thank you.

Your results look fine.
 
Thanks for the help in checking over my answers. could I ask that this thread be deleted to prevent my fellow classmates using my answers to turn in their work.
 
elgato11 said:
Thanks for the help in checking over my answers. could I ask that this thread be deleted to prevent my fellow classmates using my answers to turn in their work.

Can't do that; It's against forum rules to delete threads once they've been responded to. One purpose of the forum is to serve as a database of hints, help, strategy and methods for others to consult.

If you want to disguise the questions that you post, you can concoct similar questions from the originals and work though them on the forum to check/prove your methodology.