How Do You Calculate Tension in Ropes and Vertical Forces in a Plank Problem?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
yellow06
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone...how I wish someone could share their knowledge and help me through this..im having a difficulty on finding the right FBD of this problem.. I tried solving it but still I couldn’t get the right answer… anyone please help?.

Here is the question:

The window washer A and B support themselves and the 15-kg uniform plank CD by pulling down on the two ropes.

Determine (a) the tension in each rope; and (b) the vertical force that each man exerts on the plank.

(The required at question “b” are the normal force of A and B.)
Please?.. it would be very much appreciated..

THANKS in advance…
 
Attachments
  • 4-96, pytel problem.jpg
    4-96, pytel problem.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 811
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the board! :)

Show us your attempts first before asking for any help. :)