tomfrank Messages 37 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Feb 16, 2010 #1 Homework Statement Calculate ||1,1,1||in R3 Calculate ||1,1,1,1|| in R4. Calculate ||1,1,...,1|| in Rn. Homework Equations All I have in this problem is that, Where do I start? The Attempt at a Solution
Homework Statement Calculate ||1,1,1||in R3 Calculate ||1,1,1,1|| in R4. Calculate ||1,1,...,1|| in Rn. Homework Equations All I have in this problem is that, Where do I start? The Attempt at a Solution
LCKurtz Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 9,567 Reaction score 775 Feb 16, 2010 #2 What does ||1,1,1|| mean? This isn't a leading question; I want to know what that symbol is supposed to represent.
What does ||1,1,1|| mean? This isn't a leading question; I want to know what that symbol is supposed to represent.
kaitamasaki Messages 20 Reaction score 0 Feb 16, 2010 #3 I'm guessing || means the magnitude, or the scalar length of the vector. [Moderator's note: solution deleted] Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2010
I'm guessing || means the magnitude, or the scalar length of the vector. [Moderator's note: solution deleted]
LCKurtz Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 9,567 Reaction score 775 Feb 16, 2010 #4 I would guess that too, but I'm trying to get the poster to write it correctly for starters. You wouldn't normally write a vector as 1,1,1. Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
I would guess that too, but I'm trying to get the poster to write it correctly for starters. You wouldn't normally write a vector as 1,1,1.
Mark44 Mentor Insights Author Messages 38,152 Reaction score 10,760 Feb 17, 2010 #6 So how do you calculate the magnitude of a vector in R3, R4, Rn?