How Do You Calculate the Magnitude of a Resultant Vector from Multiple Forces?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
nettie2311
Messages
14
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Find the magnitude of the resultant of the following series of vectors.

120N, North
190N, 60 degrees East of North
70N, 10 degrees East of South
150N, 45 degrees South of West

I have similar questions like these and not sure how to answer them, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Start by drawing a diagram with all the forces, draw the 4 directions and then sketch the forces.

Try resolving each of the forces.
 
Thanks for the reply, but physics is totally new to me and I've been online to try to teach myself but I'm having no luck...can you be more specific.