gl0ck Messages 85 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Mar 23, 2013 #1 Homework Statement This is the problem that I have , but I do not have any idea.. Please help me :) and sorry if it is not in the right category. Homework Equations The Attempt at a Solution Attachments Untitled.png 39.5 KB · Views: 499
Homework Statement This is the problem that I have , but I do not have any idea.. Please help me :) and sorry if it is not in the right category. Homework Equations The Attempt at a Solution
Simon Bridge Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 17,871 Reaction score 1,653 Mar 23, 2013 #2 The idea is to maximize floatation for a fixed amount of steel ... so what makes things float?
SteamKing Staff Emeritus Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 12,828 Reaction score 1,673 Mar 23, 2013 #3 Even moreso, use the GIANT hint in the paragraph below the figure. Given the shape of the pontoon, can you write expressions for the perimeter and the area of the cross section of the pontoon? You want to follow the directions of the hint carefully.
Even moreso, use the GIANT hint in the paragraph below the figure. Given the shape of the pontoon, can you write expressions for the perimeter and the area of the cross section of the pontoon? You want to follow the directions of the hint carefully.