How do you cope when failing a math test =/?

In summary: Also any tip whe dealing with nervs in the exams? I am having some lately.So I am getting a 40%-50% which totally sucks. The exam is 10% of the final note. But if I keep making mistakes like that I am going to end to be a mediocre engineer.Being good at math has NOTHING(!) to do with being a good engineer. On the contrary, usually engineers that get straight A's in math and are all about the theoretical stuff end up being terrible engineers that get stuck in pigeon hole assignments because people get tired of explaining things to them.
phoenix:\\ said:
When you failed as much as I do, you tend to get a little humble in your failure.

Theres a saying of
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."
~ Confucius

Thanks for reply man

Physics news on Phys.org
When I failed my first exam I got roaring drunk, but I wouldn't recommend it. Didn't help me at all... One exam dosen't really matter, just pass the next one.

saxen said:
When I failed my first exam I got roaring drunk, but I wouldn't recommend it. Didn't help me at all... One exam dosen't really matter, just pass the next one.

Hahaha thanks for the anecdote man.

Thanks to all of your answers and tips that helped me a lot.

I had a new examn today which was worth 20% of the final note and i feel it went pretty well. Hope they give the result in the coming days.

EfrainLagos said:
Hey guys how you cope when a failing a test in math? (if you ever failed one in college engineering).

I just had my 1st exam about Integrals and U substitution. Of the 4 problems 2 were good
but the other 2 where almost in my hands but failed for some details or made a totally dumb algebraic and atention mistake. When I arrived home made the 2 problems like 10 times to never forget the mistake =/.

What sucks the most is that i knew the theory how to make them but in the moment of truth they didnt came to my mind!

Also any tip whe dealing with nervs in the exams? I am having some lately.

So I am getting a 40%-50% which totally sucks. The exam is 10% of the final note. But if I keep making mistakes like that I am going to end to be a mediocre engineer.

So any tips or your personal experience if you ever failed a test?.

I think that most of us failed some test [including myself], as people mentioned before me the most important is not to give up!

I'm sure you will do well, just keep working hard!