How Do You Determine the Radius and Interval of Convergence for a Power Series?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
camel-man
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
I need help finishing this problem I am stuck.

find radius of conv. and interval of convergence of the series. Ʃ k=0->∞ (1/k+1) (x)^k

I have found all the way up to row=1 there for it is between (0,∞) so now that means that if absolute value of x<1 it converges if >1 it diverges but I forgot how I find what x is. I thought it was R which would be 1. Someone please explain to me as elementary as possible because I am no math major this is my last course/test and I will never use this again.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
camel-man said:
I need help finishing this problem I am stuck.

find radius of conv. and interval of convergence of the series. Ʃ k=0->∞ (1/k+1) (x)^k

I have found all the way up to row=1 there for it is between (0,∞) so now that means that if absolute value of x<1 it converges if >1 it diverges but I forgot how I find what x is. I thought it was R which would be 1. Someone please explain to me as elementary as possible because I am no math major this is my last course/test and I will never use this again.

We don't do test questions here.