How do you leave the toilet seat when using the washroom?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr. Robin Parsons
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Poll

So, when you use the washroom, how do you leave the seat?

  • I leave the entire seat up!

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • I leave only the lower half down!

    Votes: 14 48.3%
  • I close the seat/lid completely prior to flushing.

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I close the seat/lid completely, post flush.

    Votes: 4 13.8%

  • Total voters
    29
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 7K views
Originally posted by photon
Sure, that's their job. Well, that's what it says on the paper.
Only problem is, we can't pull up a seat, and watch the action from the throne! Yoiks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Originally posted by phoenixthoth

i was thinking of starting a related thread with a poll: which hand do you wipe your ass with? there would be two options: right hand and left hand.

then, after a few people answer the poll, i'd say, "yuck! i don't use my hand, i use toilet paper."

There are/were societies where it was right hand eat, left hand wipe. That's why it's not polite to eat with your left hand when eating finger food in India. (I'm not kidding.)

Having had problems with clogging recently, I'm a close-post flush, but the option 'leave it the way you found it' is missing.
 


Originally posted by NateTG
There are/were societies where it was right hand eat, left hand wipe. That's why it's not polite to eat with your left hand when eating finger food in India. (I'm not kidding.)
Having had problems with clogging recently, I'm a close-post flush, but the option 'leave it the way you found it' is missing.
It's implied in the other responces, could easily be added in your responce, and heck! got to leave something for you to say, NO?