How do you think of Villanova Univ?

• Thread starter victorconan
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is interested in pursuing a Ph.D in mechanical engineering and has heard that Villanova University is recruiting new candidates. However, they are unable to find the university's ranking on US News and are seeking opinions on the strength of its mechanical engineering program. They are also concerned about job opportunities after graduation. The response mentions that the school is not a research institution and recently opened up to offering PhD programs, which could explain the lack of rankings. The individual also expresses interest in the university due to its location and available positions in their field of interest.
victorconan
Hi, everyone. I am applying to pursue a Ph.D in mechanical engineering.
I have known that some professors at Villanova University are recruiting new Ph. D candidates next year. But I could not find the ranking of this university at US News. How do you think of this university? Is it strong in mechanical engineering?
I am interested in work of the professors, but I am concerned about whether I could find a good job after I graduate from this university.
Can anyone give me some suggestions?
Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Depends on YOU, what you do with your degree. That school is my alma mater, and I know tons of engineering grads from that school. They all seem to have had steady employment since. Several have gone to work for SUNOCO, and make close to 6 figures or more with just their bachelor's degrees in ME.

You don't find a rankings because 'Nova hasn't had PhD programs in a long time since they mostly focused on undergraduate education (not a research institution) and master's degrees. It sounds like they've opened up to PhD programs now, so it is probably a new program, hence not being ranked.

gravenewworld said:
Depends on YOU, what you do with your degree. That school is my alma mater, and I know tons of engineering grads from that school. They all seem to have had steady employment since. Several have gone to work for SUNOCO, and make close to 6 figures or more with just their bachelor's degrees in ME.

You don't find a rankings because 'Nova hasn't had PhD programs in a long time since they mostly focused on undergraduate education (not a research institution) and master's degrees. It sounds like they've opened up to PhD programs now, so it is probably a new program, hence not being ranked.

Thanks! I love Philadelphia, so I hope to get my graduate eduation in Penn state. I think Villanova is a nice choice since it has available Ph.D positions in this field I am interested in.

1. What makes Villanova University stand out among other universities?

Villanova University is known for its strong academic programs, especially in business, engineering, and nursing. It also has a strong sense of community and a commitment to service and social justice. The university has a beautiful campus and offers a variety of extracurricular activities and resources for students to get involved in.

2. How does Villanova University support its students academically?

Villanova University offers small class sizes, allowing for more personalized attention from professors. The university also has a strong network of academic support resources, such as tutoring and writing centers, to help students succeed in their studies. Additionally, students have access to internships and research opportunities to gain real-world experience in their fields.

3. What is the student life like at Villanova University?

Villanova University has a vibrant and active student life. There are over 300 student organizations on campus, ranging from academic and professional clubs to service and cultural organizations. The university also has a strong athletic program and many opportunities for students to attend sporting events and participate in intramural sports.

4. How does Villanova University prepare students for their future careers?

Villanova University has a strong career center that offers services such as career counseling, resume building, and networking events to help students prepare for their future careers. The university also has a high job placement rate, with many graduates going on to work in top companies and organizations in their fields.

5. What is the community like at Villanova University?

The community at Villanova University is close-knit and supportive. The university emphasizes the Augustinian values of truth, unity, and love, creating a strong sense of community among students, faculty, and staff. The university also has a commitment to service and social justice, with many opportunities for students to get involved in community service and make a positive impact on the world.