Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I How electrons move in subatomic world?

Tags:
  1. Jun 28, 2017 #1
    Guy guy, i just learn a little bit about quantum physics and i know that electrons is not particles.
    But i dont understand how it move.
    By the way im only a secondary school student.
    If you explain it clearly and easy to understand i'll be very happy.
    But thank you all for taking time to help me!

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 28, 2017 #2
    Electrons can be both waves and particles and it's the conditions that determine whether they should behave like a wave or particle. They can exist as a region of space with high probability of finding the electron and within that space, they can literally teleport around.

4. Jun 28, 2017 #3
    when they are waves
    when they are particles

5. Jun 28, 2017 #4
    Oh please, not that again. Wave-particle duality is an outdated concept! Electrons are quantum particles not classical particles nor waves. There are plenty of threads here about that, use 'search'.

6. Jun 28, 2017 #5
    If any interactions "look" for their wave like characters, they behave like waves while any interactions that "looks" for their particle characters, they behave like particles.

7. Jun 28, 2017 #6
  8. Jun 28, 2017 #7

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

@Quantum Velocity and @Trollfaz please read the links provided by @weirdoguy

As he says, the wave/particle duality is an outdated concept. And @Trollfaz please be careful not to spread misinformation. That is not allowed at the PF.

Thread is closed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook