How feasible is this Halloween idea?

• Thread starter ƒ(x)
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Idea
In summary, the conversation involved discussing costume ideas for Halloween. One person suggested being a Jedi, but the idea of being a Sith with a fully functional glove that could generate electricity was more appealing. However, it was pointed out that this would require a significant amount of energy and would not be safe for a party. The conversation then shifted to the possibility of using LED lights instead, which was deemed a safer alternative.
ƒ(x)
Halloween is fast approaching, and I'm stuck here without any good costume ideas.

Someone suggested that I be a Jedi, but a Sith is more appealing. And even then, I'd want to go all out.

Would it be possible to make a glove with special pads in the fingertips and get electricity to arc between them? Excluding the thumb, the distance for a jump shouldn't exceed three inches.

Physics news on Phys.org
Like this?

http://www.deviantart.com/download/196445107/lightning_gloves_by_furious_midget-d38yi0j.jpg

Hold on till one of the more experienced posters in this field turns up, but I'd imagine that would take a good deal of energy.

Apologies for the huge pic, i didn't expect that!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure how much energy it would take, but I'm sure it wouldn't be safe at a party

cake of doom said:
Like this?

http://www.deviantart.com/download/196445107/lightning_gloves_by_furious_midget-d38yi0j.jpg

Hold on till one of the more experienced posters in this field turns up, but I'd imagine that would take a good deal of energy.

Apologies for the huge pic, i didn't expect that!

Yeah, similar to that. It wouldn't have to be on for very long. 1 - 1.5 second bursts should be enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
AJKing said:
I'm not sure how much energy it would take, but I'm sure it wouldn't be safe at a party

I wouldn't have it on all the time, just for demos.

Wear thick nylon socks and run around with your shoes off lol

I think you may have to scale it back a little bit. How about an LED light show?

That's a bit too dangerous for discussion at the PF. Sorry, thread is closed.

EDIT -- I like cake's LED alternative much better! :smile:

1. What materials will I need for this Halloween idea?

The materials needed will depend on the specific idea, but in general, you may need things like costumes, decorations, props, and special effects equipment.

2. How much time will it take to execute this idea?

The amount of time required will vary based on the complexity of the idea and your level of expertise. It's important to plan ahead and give yourself enough time to gather materials and prepare for the execution.

3. Is this Halloween idea safe?

Safety should always be a top priority when planning any Halloween idea. Make sure to carefully consider any potential hazards and take necessary precautions to ensure the safety of yourself and others.

4. Can I execute this Halloween idea within my budget?

The cost of executing a Halloween idea will depend on the materials needed and your budget. It's important to plan ahead and budget accordingly to ensure you can afford all the necessary materials.

5. How can I make this Halloween idea unique?

There are many ways to make a Halloween idea unique, such as adding personal touches, incorporating different themes or cultural elements, or using creative techniques. It's important to think outside the box and add your own personal flair to make the idea stand out.