How hard is it to find filtered color bands using telescope?

  • Topic: Stargazing 
  • Thread starter Thread starter spacetimedude
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Color Hard Telescope
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
spacetimedude
Messages
87
Reaction score
1
I am currently working on writing an ML program that predicts star formation rate of a galaxy given the magnitude of filtered color bands (ugriz). I have a simulated data which contains these info to train on but if I want to use this on an observable galaxy, I'd need to physically obtain the color bands for the galaxy.
I'm not really looking to obtain the color band data of galaxies as I'm just interested in creating the program itself but was wondering if it is simpler to find the color bands and use it in the program to predict, or is it less work to calculate star formation rate using other methods?

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Astronomy news on Phys.org