How long do cancer cells surive outside of the body?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 11K views
Biology87
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,
when a tumor is removed from a mouse that has been killed just minutes earlier, and then this tumor is cut using a scalpel, how long do cells sticking to this scalpel survive? I am asking because I just cut a tumor, then left the scalpel on the table for 10-15 minutes, and then when cleaning up all the material and washing everything, I accidentally punctured my finger a tiny bit. Is there any danger associated with this? Than you very much for help!
 
Biology news on Phys.org
You should not be posting on a forum in case of lab accidents, instead you should contact your lab manager or directly someone who is in charge of health and safety.