1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How long does it take to Forget a subject for exams?

1. Aug 15, 2013 #1
    How long does it take to "Forget" a subject for exams?

I'm interested in studying a subject for exams, completing the basic studies a few weeks before the actual exam day. If I study it "deeply", meaning I have an understanding of it that is beyond the surface and I actually understand the meaning of the underlying math, will I be able to hold that knowledge for exam day?

In general, do you think you can hold the knowledge for a subject you will be tested on - or you need to use it on your work - weeks after studying it? And if yes, what is the process that you should follow in order to do it properly?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 15, 2013 #2
    I think it depends on many factors and even on the individual itself. As far as I know there's no hard-rule that states you will forget things after x days. Have you had any experience with your own study habits?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook