How long would it take to walk 10m ?

• Thread starter BUTTER-BENZ
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about estimating the time it would take to walk 10 m, 25 m, and 40 m at a certain speed (m/s). The suggestion was to create a data table by walking 10 m and counting the seconds it takes, then repeating for 25 m and 40 m. The estimated time for each distance is about a second per repetition.
BUTTER-BENZ
1. How long would it take to walk 10 m? (and the speed (m/s)

2. How long would it take to walk 25 m? (and the speed (m/s)

3. How long would it take to walk 40 m? (and the speed (m/s)

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm supposed to make a data table
its asking me to walk 10 meters, 25 meters and 40 meters and calculate the time in seconds and the speed (m/s)...
I can't do it...i don't have anything to use...

BUTTER-BENZ said:
I'm supposed to make a data table
its asking me to walk 10 meters, 25 meters and 40 meters and calculate the time in seconds and the speed (m/s)...
I can't do it...i don't have anything to use...

Estimate a distance of 10 m and walk that distance repetitively saying "I can do it. I can do it. I can do it." and count the number of times that you say "I can do it." That's about a second each.

1. How long would it take to walk 10m if I walk at an average pace?

It would take approximately 10-15 seconds to walk 10m at an average walking pace of 1.4 meters per second.

2. Can I walk 10m in less time if I walk faster?

Yes, if you walk at a faster pace of 2 meters per second, it would take approximately 5 seconds to walk 10m.

3. How does walking on different terrains affect the time it takes to walk 10m?

Walking on different terrains, such as sand or gravel, can slow down your pace and therefore increase the time it takes to walk 10m. It may take a few extra seconds to walk 10m on uneven or slippery surfaces.

4. Is there a significant difference in time to walk 10m if I am carrying weight?

Carrying weight can slow down your pace and therefore increase the time it takes to walk 10m. The amount of weight and how you carry it will also affect the time it takes.

5. How does age or fitness level affect the time it takes to walk 10m?

Age and fitness level can affect the pace at which you walk and therefore affect the time it takes to walk 10m. Younger individuals or those who are physically fit may be able to walk 10m faster than older individuals or those who are less physically fit.